Creating the optimum conditions for brain power in an environment depends on accessing the brain through the five senses, three of which - touch, smell and sound – are in abundance in the ESPA Life at Corinthia.
Mindfulness helps the pre-frontal cortex thicken. This is the region of the brain associated with higher functions such as awareness, concentration and decision-making. Scientific studies have shown that mindfulness not only prevents depression but that it also directly impacts the brain patterns underlying day-to-day anxiety, stress, depression and irritability. Moreover, immersion in water simulates the feelings of some of the attachment emotions, as does massage.
Brain Power Residential Package
Six to eight hours of good quality sleep each night is essential as this is when the body’s lymphatic system – the brain’s waste clearance system – is cleared and will boost IQ by 5-8% the next day.
- Heated marble bathroom floors encourage bare foot walking
- Warm and fluffy towels to hug the body, courtesy of Frette
- The best mattress from Hypnos helps regulate body temperature
- A pillows menu - offering soft to firm pillows from Muhldorfer - and good quality bedding - 300-thread-count, 100% cotton linen from Pratesi Line - helps induce sleep
- The right smells reduce stress levels as smells travel directly from the nose to the limbic system in the brain - our package includes sleep-inducing lavender pillow sprays
- Snuggly bed socks help keep extremities warm needed for good quality sleep
- Black-out blinds provide proper darkness essential for sleep
- The right room temperature - never too cold or warm - aids sleep; our room temperature is maintained at 20-22°c in winter and 18-20°c in summer
- An earthy colour palette helps calm the mind. Corinthia’s guest bedrooms span the brown-green colour spectrum
- ESPA Mindful Massage and Yoga Nidra to bring clarity to the mind and to aid quality and rested sleep
YOUR EXPERIENCE INCLUDES
- Overnight Stay in luxurious rooM
- A unique Dinner and then Breakfast the following morning from our Brain Power Menu
- ESPA Mindful Massage and Yoga Nidra performed in your room or in the spa (at per guests’ preference)
- Unlimited access to ESPA Life state-of-the-art facilities including the extensive Thermal Floor, Gym and unique Sleep Pods
Price from £618 (based on single occupancy and Superior Room)
To book online please click here, or alternatively please contact our reservations team on +44 (0)20 7321 3033 or email email@example.com.
ESPA MINDFUL MASSAGE & YOGA NIDRA
Your Treatment will last approximately 2 Hours
This holistic, deeply relaxing and clarifying experience works on the concept of mindfulness, focusing on both mind and body to help you reduce stress and focus through breathing and visualisation techniques. It begins by relieving deep-seated muscular tension with an indulgent and totally relaxing personalised massage using a combination of hot stones and warm oil gently poured onto your body. A scalp massage, incorporating warm Rose Quartz Crystals ensues helping you to clear your mind and enabling you to completely switch-off.
This experience concludes with a personalised session of Yoga Nidra which is a systematic method of training our busy minds to master conscious relaxation. It dissipates and prevents physical, mental and emotional tensions and consequently has a highly restorative effect on our entire being. During the practice of Yoga Nidra the consciousness is functioning at a deeper level of awareness, allowing the mind to become exceptionally receptive to positive suggestions and intentions. The practice is instrumental to drive positive life changes, breaking habits and super-learning. You awake feeling empowered and refocused.
SummaryBrain Power Residential PackageESPA MINDFUL MASSAGE & YOGA NIDRA